VERTUS MLA 801A
VERTUS MLA 801A
Mixed Control active Line Array
Vertus MLA is composed of a minimum of two modules:
- MLA608a for Mid/Low frequencies (60hz - 2KHz)
- MLA801a for High frequencies (2KHz - 20KHz)
It is possible to emulate the directivity of a classic J-form line array, either curved or straight. Starting from the analysis of known line array systems with digital directivity control (columns with small wide-band speakers) or mechanical directivity (all systems with inclinable cabinets that form a curved or straight J-form array), we decided to condense into one product the advantages of both types of controls, while at the same time surpassing their traditional limits.
The principle behind the operation of MLA is based on the combined mechanical/digital control of directivity. Digital allows for the control of directivity up to around 4KHz; mechanical, assisted by digital, from 4KHz to over 15KHz. This enables the system to reach the following targets:
- An aesthetically non-intrusive vertical column that is readily adaptable to any environment
- Control of full-range directivity from the lower frequencies (depending upon the length of the column) up to and over 15KHz
- Elevated SPL, thanks to the usage of a compression drivers e wave guide at high frequencies
- LImited number of transducers and therefore DSP channels and amplifiers associated with “no compromise” systems of exclusively digital steering with drastic reduction of cost.
Mixed Control Active Line Array 8 x 50W - 139dB SPL
- 8-way active HF Line Array Column, with digital/mechanical directivity aiming
- 8 x 0,75” (20mm) B&C neodymium drivers with 1” (25 mm) voice coil on wave guide
- 1.8KHz to 20KHz frequency response
- 8 class D 50Wrms amplifiers for a total of 400W power
- Completely controllable directional features, through control switches on the back panel or through PC software and dedicated network
- Revolutionary combined aiming digital/ mechanical full-range system from +5 a -25° with included lobe width between 5° and 25/40°
- 8 hybrid stepped motor controlled by a microprocessor for the mechanical aiming of wave guides
- PC/Slave function for aiming control via PC or other MLA module
- Frontal status LED
- DSP processor for the management of digital aiming and signal processing, 4 available presets
- Control panel with XLR input and XLR link, XLR HP-filtered output, volume, presets, 7-step angle aiming, 8-step lobe width, HP filter, ground-lift, RJ45 in/out for RS- 485 network, screw connectors for in/ out audio and for installation
- 90° Digital-Mechanical controlled dispersion
- Extruded-aluminum powder-coated cabinets. Superior latching system as well as inferior for the MLA series, allowing for great component modularity
- Standard white finish RAL 9016
The digital control part is activated by discrete amplification channels (one for each transducer) and DSP which operates in signal processing management sent to each speaker and driver.
The mechanical part is entrusted to 8 hybrid stepped motors, each of which is dedicated to
the rotation of wave guide by 0,01° steps on the horizontal axis. It is thus possible to activate any radiation pattern in the maximum rotation range of the wave guide which goes from +35 to -35 with respect to the horizontal axis.
The MLA system features a RS-485 network connection for total control through PC (with FBT USB-RS485 Converter) and dedicated software with which it is possible to simulate the environment to sound reinforce, select the appropriate dispersion pattern for the audience, transfer all the aiming parameters of the system through the network with a single button. Various types of autoplay routine enable a totally automatic configuration of the system, without precluding for the possibility of aiming ‘fine-tuning’ in manual mode.
In mainly Live situations, when time is limited and it isn’t possible to connect to a PC, it is possible to manage steering, lobe width and equalization through 3 switch controls available on the back panel of the MLA column.
The modularity of the system allows for the construction of a column composed of a maximum of two MLA801a modules and 3 ML608A modules for a total of 4000W and a minimum frequency control of 100hz!
For usage in fixed installations, bars are provided for the close-fitting installation adjacent to walls. For live usage, an accessory is available for positioning on the 118Sa and 121Sa subwoofers of the FBT MITUS series.
VERTUS MLA is a column speaker system with vertical directional characteristics fully controllable by the user both for the steering of the radiation lobe and for the width and form of the lobe itself.
The characteristics of the lobe radiation directional controls, the high SPL, the Hi-Fi frequency range, the elegance and overall dimensions, make the MLA system particularly suitable for high quality sound even in acoustically difficult environments, reverberating and very large, given the capacity of the wavefront to soften of about 3 dB upon doubling the distance from the source. Thus, it is ideal in large churches, theatres, auditoriums, large convention and multimedia halls, as well as in public places such as airports, railroad stations, etc...
|Built-in amplifier LF/HF:||8x40 W RMS|
|Built-in amplifier peak LF/HF:||8x100 W|
|Frequency response:||1.8Hz - 20Khz -6dB|
|High frequency driver:||8 x 0.75 - 1 coil - neodymium inch|
|Maximum SPL cont/peak:||135/139 dB|
|Dispersion:||90° x Digital-Mechanical controlled H x V|
|Steering Angle:||+5/-25 V|
|Beamwidth Angle:||5/40 V|
|Input impedance:||22 Kohm|
|Crossover frequency:||1.8 KHz|
|Ac power requirements:||300 VA|
|Input connector:||XLR with loop, SUB out|
|Power cord:||5/16.4 mm/inch|
|Net Dimension (WxHxD):||240x625x242 / 9.5x24.6x9.52 mm/inch|
|Net weight:||18/39.7 kg/lb|
|Transport Dimension (WxHxD):||320x725x322 / 12.6x28.54x12.67 mm/inch|
|Transport weight:||20.5/45.2 kg/lb|