VERTUS CLA 406A
VERTUS CLA 406A
Active Column Line Array
Steeped in classic Italian design and acoustic expertise, VERTUShas been created with the aim of extending true line array technology, an undisputed success in the field of professional audio, into a new range of applications within both the live and fixed installation fields. The column system is compact and elegant, with a refined yet functional design. Most importantly it offers an uncompromising quality capable of successfully solving applications where conventional systems are inadequate.
Compared to a traditional two-way speaker, the sound is distributed in a much more uniform manner into the listening area, regardless of whether the application is indoors, outdoors or acoustically difficult in terms of reverberation. The cylindrical wave front of the CLA projects sound forwards in a very precise and coherent fashion without the reverberant performance that is typical of conventional speakers which can excite environmental reflections, directing acoustic energy where it is not needed, especially towards the ceiling and floor. Even acoustic feedback such as that generated by microphones is rejected to a far greater extent than a conventional enclosure.
Finally, the columns narrow dimensions allow the discreet, unobtrusive integration of the column into any environment.
The qualities of the system CLA can be summarized as:
- High-end sound quality with a frequency response of 33Hz to 20kHz, designed specifically for live
- Improved dispersion within a set listening area plus extended projection
- High power performance and dynamic range thanks to the tri-amplification system
- Portability and modularity – elements can be rapidly daisy-chained via a quick release system, extending both the vertical directivity and sound pressure level
- Design and elegance for easy integration even in the most demanding installations – the compact dimensions ensure listeners will focus on the sound and not the speaker!
- Wide horizontal dispersion
VERTUS CLA 406A
600W + 300W
133 dB SPL
Active Column Line Array
- 2-way bi-amplified line array column system
- 4 x 165mm (6.5”) custom woofer voice coil 38mm (1.5”)
- B&C HF neodymium driver with 36mm (1.4”) exit and 64mm (2.5”) voice coil
- Waveguide FBT large format with dispersion 100 ° H x 25 ° V
- Frequency response from 65Hz to 20KHz
- Amplifiers Class D 600Wrms for LF and HF 300Wrms with switching power supply
- Processor DSP with 8 EQ presets
- Control Panel with XLR input and link, volume, presets, filter-HP, ground-lift
- Neutrik powerCON power IN and LINK connectors
- 12mm (1/2”) birch plywood with scratch-resistant coating.
- 12 attachment points above and below for the optional hardware that allows the installation of hanging or pair two CLA406A with angle of 0 ° - 10 ° - 20 ° in the vertical plane
- Top side tilted 10 ° for the inclination of two columns without damaging gap between the waveguides for a wavefront extremely consistent over the 18kHz
- 35mm (1.3/8”) top hat for stand mount facility
- It is ideal for live applications, assisted by sub CLA 118SA, which for fixed installations
The cabinet of the CLA406A is constructed in birch plywood with internal metal bracing to ensure stability. The enclosure comprises four custom 165mm (6.5”) woofers and a 35mm (1.5”) large format Neodymium compression driver with 64mm (2.5”) voice coil for a frequency response that extends from 65Hz to 20KHz. The waveguide, specifically designed for this product and optimized by finite element simulation BEM, has a horizontal dispersion of 100° and 25° and a vertical low distortion thanks to the optimal load seen by the diaphragm of the driver. The height dimension of the waveguide allows an excellent vertical control throughout the operating range of the driver and enables the linking of the two systems in a consistent manner to beyond the 18KHz.
The CLA406A amplifier module has a die-cast aluminum with natural convection 600W for LF section and 300W for HF Class D switching power. Latest generation DSP algorithms offer 8 presets, ensuring that you will achieve the perfect sound in every application, plus generous headroom for maximum reliability and signal integrity.
The cabinet is equipped with two aluminum handles with rubber inserts and well 12 anchor points, all of which combine to make the system extremely versatile. Via optional hardware it is possible to couple two CLA406A with angles of 0° - 10° - 20°, with the adjacent waveguides for long range or with a cabinet above the other for short-medium distance. Additional accessories are available for system suspension as well as flying the accompanying CLA118SA subwoofer.
The CLA 118SA is a subwoofer in birch plywood with a 460mm woofer from B&C in a bass reflex port with an extensive laminar airflow, minimizing turbulence and power compression. The Class-D, switching power amplifier module is constructed in die-cast aluminum with natural convection, and is rated at 1200W. Onboard DSP also offers functions such as filtering, equalization and protection.
When you need to extend the performance of the CLA406A, especially in live applications, the CLA118SA acts as a support and base for the CLA406A column that can be applied, via optional hardware, with M20 points positioned on the top of the sub.
The CLA118Sa is also modular and can be stacked thanks to special milling, increasing the SPL and raising the base of CLA406A.
The CLA406A is a truly professional line array that, despite its compact size, still delivers an impressive SPL of 133dB. It can be integrated elegantly and with minimal intrusion into any environment that requires high quality sound with powerful directional control.
|Built-in amplifier LF/HF:||600/300 W RMS|
|Built-in amplifier peak LF/HF:||1200/600 W|
|Frequency response:||65Hz - 20KHz -6dB|
|Low frequency woofer:||4x6.5 - 1.5 coil inch|
|High frequency driver:||1x1.4 - 2.5 coil - neodymium inch|
|Maximum SPL cont/peak:||133 dB|
|Dispersion:||100°x25° H x V|
|Input impedance:||22 Kohm|
|Crossover frequency:||1.2 KHz|
|Ac power requirements:||640 VA|
|Input connector:||XLR with loop|
|Power cord:||5 / 16.4 mm/inch|
|Net Dimension (WxHxD):||190x1235x290 / 7.48x44.68x11.41 mm/inch|
|Net weight:||27 / 59.52 kg/lb|
|Transport Dimension (WxHxD):||290x1235x390 / 11.41x48.62x15.35 mm/inch|
|Transport weight:||32 / 70.54 kg/lb|