Processed Active Speaker 1100W + 250W RMS - 135dB SPL
With the new HiMaxX series, FBT establishes a reference point on the scenario of 12” and 15” enclosures in polypropylene for sound reinforcement, introducing performance and technical content of a standard unthinkable up until now. FBT HiMaxX takes its place alongside the FBTMaxX series, exalting all the technical features.
The study of a new cabinet in polypropylene, the use of a switch mode power supply and high efficiency power amplifiers and the redesign of the loudspeakers were the activities of the FBT R&D team aimed at maximizing the power weight ratio.
This series comprises three models; two 2-way full-range enclosures in polypropylene, HiMaxX 40 (12”+1”) and HiMaxX 60 (15’’+1.4”), plus a compact 18’’ bandpass SUB in birch plywood (HiMaxX 100Sa).
Compact and light weight, HiMaxX brilliantly solve all the most demanding requests from buffs, musicians and professionals looking for powerful, versatile and very high quality loudspeaker enclosures. Ideal for live and sound reinforcement applications requiring ease of transport, they are also suited to fixed installations, thanks to the cabinets’ format and optional accessories.
- 2-way, bi-amplified in Bass- Reflex design
- B&C custom designed 380 mm (15”) neodymium woofer with 75 mm (3”) voice coil
- B&C 36 mm (1.4”) compression driver with 64 mm (2.5”) voice coil
- 700Wrms PWM LF power amplifier
- 200Wrms Class G HF power amplifier
- Switch mode power supply for an excellent ratio weight/power
- Analog signal processor limiter
- Completely redesigned control panel with:
- XLR Input and XLR Link
- Gain and Volume functions in a single potentiometer to improve user friendliness improving the dynamic range and input signal/noise ratio
- 3-band EQ (Bass, Mid, High)
- Diagnostic LED
- 90°H x 60°V constant directivity horn
- 4 x M10 anchoring points, 35 mm ø (1.38”) top-hat for speaker stand placement and wall bracket mount flange, 2 integrated carrying handles
- A powerful dynamic design for aggressive clean-cut lines. A sturdy light-weight box that ensures great versatility and is ready for installation, thanks to its special mounting points and optional accessories. The asymmetrical design enables the enclosures to be used as stage monitors.
- A specially designed control panel ensures ease of use and intuitive control. Mic/line input, auxiliary stereo input with (HiMaxX 40a), 3-band EQ, ground-lift, diagnostic LED.
- Loudspeaker totally redesigned in collaboration with B&C. FBT studied and designed a special chassis, a more efficient ventilation circuit with a consequent reduction of 2dB “power compression”, a considerably stiffer cone to improve reliability and distortion and an even more powerful neodymium magnet to increase control and efficiency. The voice coil has a diameter of 75 mm (3”) for higher power handling and reliability.
- B&C compression driver with a 25 mm (1’’) throat and 44 mm (1.7’’) coil (HiMaxX 40) for high power handling. Thanks to the use of a shorting copper cap, high frequencies are even more dynamic and crystal-clear.
- The development of the innovative amplifier is the result of years of research by the FBT R&D labs. It manages to combine the contrasting features of lightness, high power, efficiency and reliability, using the very latest technology. A switch mode power supply to reduce the weight and increase the power output velocity, a very high performance PWM amplifier for the low frequencies, to maximize the power fed out with minimum heat dissipation. A Class G amplifier for the high frequencies enables to achieve the audio quality of a Class A, with a much higher output.
- The silent preamplifier manufactured with SMD technology has the job of handling the equalization, 24dB/oct crossover, sophisticated protections, limiter and the commands of the control panel.
- The horn’s profile has been redesigned to ensure greater directivity control and lower distortion. The dispersion angle is 90°H x 60°V.
- Research work carried out with the university on the cabinet’s resonance and the fl uid dynamics of the air led to the manufacture of a box in polypropylene with injection of absolutely inert GAS and efficient reflex ducts free from undesired turbulence.
|Built-in amplifier LF/HF:||1100/250 W RMS|
|Built-in amplifier peak LF/HF:||2200/500 W|
|Frequency response:||40Hz - 20kHz -6dB|
|Low Frequency woofer:||1x15 - 3 coil inch|
|High Frequency driver:||14.4 - 2.5 coil inch|
|Maximum SPL cont/peak:||129/135 dB|
|Dispersion:||90° x 60° HxV|
|Input impedance:||22 Kohm|
|Crossover Frequency:||1.2 KHz|
|Input connector:||XLR with loop|
|Power cord:||5 / 16.4 m/ft|
|Net Dimension (WxHxD):||482x757x600 - 19x29.8x16.8 mm/inch|
|Net Weight:||28.3 / 62.4 Kg/lb|
|Transport Dimension (WxHxD):||520x867x600 - 20.4x34.1x23.6 mm/inch|
|Transport Weight:||30.3 / 66.8 Kg/lb|